Shared ILS/RMS Task Force to Investigate a Shared ILS/Resource Management System for UC Libraries
SAG3 was charged with moving forward an investigation recommended by Next Generation Technical Services .
After receiving the charge from CoUL in fall 2013, SAG3 announced the January 14, 2014 start to the task force investigation.
See Shared ILS/RMS Task Force documents.
Task Force Members
- Vicki Grahame (SAG3, UCI), Chair
- MacKenzie Smith (CoUL, UCD)
- Marcia Barrett (SAG3, UCSC)
- Diane Bisom (SAG3, UCR)
- Judy Consales (SAG3, UCLA)
- Martha Hruska (SAG3, UCSD)
- Todd Grappone (SAG2, UCLA)
- Rosalie Lack (Coordinating Committee, CDL)
- Angela Riggio (SAG3, LAUC)
- Leslie Wolf (SAG3 Portfolio Manager)
Task Force Consultant
Marshall Breeding has been engaged to help assess the interest in and technical feasibility of implementing a shared ILS/RMS system for the UC Libraries. From April 1 through June 30, 2014, he will assist the Task Force by completing these major steps:
- Gathering information regarding the requirements and expectations of the University of California Libraries, building on information identified through the NGTS initiative.
- Conducting an environmental scan of the systems and services to understand our potential ability to meet the requirements of a shared implementation for the University of California libraries.
- Interviewing individuals involved with libraries and consortia of similar size and complexity that have implemented each of the candidate systems.
- Developing a written report and presenting the findings of his investigation.
During the initial phase, the consultant will develop a list of questions for each campus to gather information related to the requirements and expectations of the UC LIbraries for a potential shared ILS/RMS platform. He plans to conduct telephone interviews to gain any clarifications needed or to explore any issues raised and to conduct a series of conference calls with key stakeholders in the UC libraries.
As part of the consultant’s scope of work, SAG3 asked him to Investigate and report on next-generation ILS/RMS systems' support for collaborative technical services and collection development workflows, particularly those identified in the NGTS reports.
- Orbis Cascade Alliance Shared ILS [HTML]
- Deploying Alma & Primo at Orbis Cascade Alliance [HTML]
- The Future of Library Systems: Library Services Platforms (Carl Grant) [PDF]
- Selecting a Shared 21st Century Management System (Collaborative Librarianship 5(1):16-28 (2013) 24) [HTML]
- The Next Generation Integrated Library System: A Promise Fulfilled? (doi: 10.6017/ital.v31i3.1914) [PDF]