Below is a monthly high-level summary of information for both project implementation and the end-user service, to keep the UC Libraries community informed in advance of go-live on July 27, 2021.
Key SILS Project Updates
- Go-live is next month… We are really close to the finish line!
- Implementation Coordinators completed a go-live readiness checklist at the end of May.
- Technical services and fulfillment freeze dates, along with other key dates, are listed on the Ex Libris Cutover Planning to do list.
- Ex Libris hosted analytics overview sessions on May 24 and 25. A week-long analytics workshop is being planned for late summer/early fall.
- Local campus implementation team members that identify a use case requiring Network Zone (NZ) access should contact their Implementation Coordinator. More information about the process is covered in this decision page. To date, several use cases have been identified for resource management and data cleanup tasks that need to be performed systemwide from the NZ.
- The Internal Training Group is hosting Alma Open House events over the next few weeks. The sessions on Fulfillment are scheduled on June 7, 14 and 17, and the sessions on Technical Services will be announced at a later time. Please contact your Internal Training representative with any questions about these sessions.
Key UC Library Search Updates
- The @uofcalifornia Twitter account posted a second tweet about UC Library Search on May 27, with the next scheduled for late June.
- The Discovery Functional Group has decided to rename the UC link resolver “Get it at UC” and restyle the button to incorporate elements of the UC Library Search wordmark.
Please explore the SILS Confluence wiki for ongoing project progress. If you have any questions or comments, please contact AskSILS-L@listserv.ucop.edu.
Ben Alkaly & Adrian Petrisor
SILS Communication Operation Leads