UC Libraries Advisory Structure (UCLAS)
The University of California Libraries includes the 10 campus libraries, plus the California Digital Library. The UC Libraries Advisory Structure (UCLAS) is designed to create a dynamic systemwide organization that:
- Supports UC Libraries shared library services throughout multiple stages of development, including strategic planning, design, implementation, operations, and continual improvement.
- Promotes effective collaboration and communication relative to shared library services across the 10 campus libraries and the California Digital Library.
- Furthers the priorities determined by the Council of University Librarians and set forth in the University of California Libraries Systemwide Plan & Priorities.
The primary components of the structure include:
- Council of University Librarians (CoUL)
- Direction and Oversight Committee
- Shared Content Leadership Group
- Shared Services Team
- Common Knowledge Groups (CKG)
- UC Libraries Advisory Structure Organization Chart [PDF]
- UC Libraries Systemwide Planning & Consultative Structure Chart [PDF] (includes campus and university-wide constituencies)