UC Libraries Advisory Structure (UCLAS)
The University of California Libraries includes the 10 campus libraries, plus the California Digital Library. The UC Libraries Advisory Structure (UCLAS), established in 2013, is designed to create a dynamic systemwide organization that:
- Supports UC Libraries shared library services throughout multiple stages of development, including strategic planning, design, implementation, operations, and continual improvement.
- Promotes effective collaboration and communication relative to shared library services across the 10 campus libraries and the California Digital Library.
- Furthers the priorities determined by the Council of University Librarians and set forth in the University of California Libraries Systemwide Plan & Priorities.
The primary components of the structure include:
- Council of University Librarians (CoUL)
- Coordinating Committee (CC)
- Strategic Action Group 1 ("SAG1"): Scholarly Research & Communication
- Strategic Action Group 2 ("SAG2"): Access, Discovery & Infrastructure
- Strategic Action Group 3 ("SAG3"): Collection Building & Management
- Collection Licensing Subgroup (CLS) (SAG3 subgroup)
- Operations Teams (OT)
- Common Knowledge Groups (CKG)
- UC Libraries Advisory Structure Organization Chart [PDF]
- UC Libraries Systemwide Planning & Consultative Structure Chart [PDF] (includes campus and university-wide constituencies)