Heads of Technical Services (HOTS)
- Provide expertise and leadership to SOPAG on emerging technical services issues.
- Coordinate systemwide technical services activities related to MELVYL and the CDL.
- Serve as a discussion group among the members on technical services issues and innovations.
- Serve as a resource and focus for information exchange on technical services issues for the University of California.
- Communicate with and disseminate to all campus groups, SOPAG, appointed task forces, and other common interest groups information on technical services issues.
Comprised of one representative from each campus library system appointed by the University Librarian, one representative from the California Digital Library (CDL), and one representative from the Librarians' Association of the University of California (LAUC).
An all campus group reporting to SOPAG.
The Vice Chair position normally rotates among the UC campuses alphabetically by the campus name fully spelled out, and will serve a one-year term beginning July 1, and ending June 30. After one year, the Vice-Chair will become Chair during the following year. Thus each person will serve for two years if possible to allow for the needed continuity.
|Term||Chair / Vice-Chair|
|2005/2007||Jim Dooley (UCM)|
|2007/2009||Lee Leighton (UCB)|
|2009/2010||Lai-Ying Hsiung (UCSC): Chair / Vicki Grahame (UCI): Vice-Chair (Vice Chair Rotation started with UCI after UCB and UCD declined)|
|2010/2011||Vicki Grahame (UCI): Chair / John Riemer (UCLA): Vice-Chair|
|2011/2012||John Riemer (UCLA): Chair / Karleen Darr (UCD): Vice Chair|
|2012/2013||Karleen Darr (UCD): Chair / Manuel Urrizola (UCR): Vice-Chair|
Alphabetical List of Rotating Campuses
UCB, UCD, UCI, UCLA, UCM, UCR, UCSD, UCSF, UCSB, UCSC
Not Required to Participate in the Rotation