Strategic Action Group 1: Scholarly Research & Communication (SAG1)
NOTE: Beginning November 1, 2015, the University of California Libraries launched a revised advisory structure. The groups within the previous structure are no longer active, including this group. For information about the current structure, see: "UC Libraries Advisory Structure (UCLAS)".
Strategic Action Group 1 (SAG1) is charged by the Council of University Librarians to make decisions for the University of California Libraries’ shared services and collaborative activities in the functional areas defined below. SAG1 is a component of the advisory structure of the University of California Libraries, established by the Council of University Librarians in July 2013.
SAG1 proposes projects and services in support of the UC Libraries’ systemwide priorities and strategic plan as articulated by the Council of University Librarians’ “Systemwide Plan and Priorities”.
The SAG1 functional portfolio includes strategies, services, and tools in the following areas:
- Scholarly publishing
- Open access models and strategies
- Rights management
- Data curation
In addition, SAG1:
- Develops, and/or advises on policy, procedure, and service development within the SAG1 functional portfolio.
- Charges ad hoc project teams to research, design, develop, and/or implement new shared services or major improvements to existing shared services.
- Recommends strategies, procedures, and resources for meeting the identified service needs of faculty students and researchers for the functional areas defined above.
- Determines the optimal allocation and utilization of project resources, and ensures that cost is consistent with the value delivered.
- Collaborates and/or consults with other SAGs on policy, projects, and services crossing SAG functional areas.