Years active: 2013-2014
NOTE: Beginning July 2013, the University of California Libraries launched a revised advisory structure. The groups within the previous structure are no longer active, including this group. See UC Libraries Advisory Structure (UCLAS) for information about the current structure.
Strategic Action Group 1 (SAG1) was charged by the Council of University Librarians to make decisions for the University of California Libraries’ shared services and collaborative activities in the functional areas defined below. SAG1 was a component of the advisory structure of the University of California Libraries, established by the Council of University Librarians in July 2013.
SAG1 proposed projects and services in support of the UC Libraries’ systemwide priorities and strategic plan as articulated by the Council of University Librarians’ “Systemwide Plan and Priorities”.
The SAG1 functional portfolio included strategies, services, and tools in the following areas:
- Scholarly publishing
- Open access models and strategies
- Rights management
- Data curation
In addition, SAG1:
- Developed, and/or advised on policy, procedure, and service development within the SAG1 functional portfolio.
- Charged ad hoc project teams to research, design, develop, and/or implement new shared services or major improvements to existing shared services.
- Recommended strategies, procedures, and resources for meeting the identified service needs of faculty students and researchers for the functional areas defined above.
- Determined the optimal allocation and utilization of project resources, and ensures that cost is consistent with the value delivered.
- Collaborated and/or consults with other SAGs on policy, projects, and services crossing SAG functional areas.
- SAG1 Charge (March 3, 2014) [PDF]
- ORCID Team Final Report (June 4, 2015) [PDF]
- Creative Commons License Working Group Final Report (April 30, 2013) [PDF]
Roster at Time of Disbandment
|UC Berkeley||Erik Mitchell|
AUL and Director of Digital Initiatives & Collaborative Services
The UC Berkeley Library
|UC Davis||Beth Callahan|
Head, Health & Life Sciences Libraries
Carlson Health Sciences Library
AUL for Collections and Scholarly Communication
UC Merced Library
|UC Riverside||Ann Frenkel, Coordinating Committee Representative|
AUL for Research and Instructional Services
|UC San Diego||David Minor, Chair |
Director, Research Data Curation Program
UC San Diego Library
|UC San Francisco||Anneliese Taylor|
Assistant Director, Scholarly Communications and Collections
|UC Santa Barbara||Sherri Barnes|
Scholarly Communication Program Coordinator
|UC Santa Cruz||Christy Caldwell|
Science & Engineering Librarian
|California Digital Library||Trisha Cruse|
Director, UC Curation Center
California Digital Library
33456 Charles E. Young Research Library
- January 3
- January 17
- February 21
- March 7
- March 21
- April 4
- April 18
- May 2
- June 20
- July 18
- August 1
- August 15
- September 5
- October 3
- October 17
- November 7
- November 21
- December 5
- December 19