Skip to content
- Research and develop any technical services processes needed for the effective performance of UC systemwide initiatives. Advise SOPAG on technical services standards and issues as necessary.
- Monitor electronic resource management software standards and issues. Participate in planning activities leading to development of a UC Electronic Resources Management System.
- Advise CDL on issues related to standards, practices, and data quality in the Melvyl Union Catalog.
- Provide guidance and oversight to the Shared Cataloging Program Advisory Committee by responding to issues needing policy decisions and identifying potential new directions for program development.
- Create system-wide education and training opportunities for UC technical services staff.
- Work with the Acquisitions Common Interest Group to review acquisitions policies and practices across the University of California system.
- Set policy and guidelines for technical services in support of resource sharing such as the Shared Print Archive, persistent deposits, and the JSTOR repository.
- Monitor metadata standards particularly with regards to interoperability and the furtherance of integrated access. Monitor innovative uses of metadata including potential usage in products outside of traditional catalogs that would provide improved intellectual access to materials.
- Share information about emerging preservation issues and proactively assess their relevance to campus technical services activities.