Skip to content
- Research and develop any technical services processes needed for the effective performance of UC system-wide initiatives. Advise SOPAG on technical services standards and issues as necessary. Respond to the upcoming Bibliographic Services Task Force report and assist in further research and/or implementation of selected recommendations, as appropriate.
- Advise CDL on issues related to standards, practices and data quality in the Melvyl Union Catalog.
- Provide guidance and oversight to the Shared Cataloging Program Advisory Committee by responding to issues needing policy decisions and identifying potential new directions for program development.
- Work with the Acquisitions Common Interest Group to review acquisitions policies and practices across the University of California system.
- Provide guidance to the Shared Print Program by responding to issues needing policy decisions and identifying potential new directions for program development.
- Participate as appropriate in decisions leading to the implementation of a system-wide Electronic Resources Management System.
- Share information relating to digital preservation programs such as eScholarship and the Digital Preservation Repository and proactively assess their relationship to campus technical services activities.
- Work with other UC groups and with organizations such as the California Library Association to create and promote education and training opportunities for UC technical services staff.
- Monitor metadata standards particularly with regards to interoperability and the furtherance of integrated access. Monitor innovative uses of metadata including potential uses in products outside of traditional catalogs that would provide improved intellectual access to materials.