- Review and make recommendations to the CDC regarding the collection, preservation, and use of official UC administrative records and material documenting the history of the University.
- Review pertinent UC policies referred from the UC Records Management Committee and recommend changes to those policies as necessary.
- Coordinate strategies for the collection, access to, and preservation of electronic resources documenting the history of UC.
- Serve as a discussion group among the members on UC archival issues and innovations.
- Communicate with other groups inside or outside of the University of California that might solicit input from the UCAC.
- Consult with UC Preservation Advisory Group on best practices and issues relating to the preservation of archival material.
- Continue to improve the professional lives of archives staff, by working to institute work roles and classifications that are respective of the work required for the University Archives. (Possible objective)
Objectives for 2007-2008
1. Continue discussions on the workflow and preservation of electronic dissertations and theses
2. Propose UC Faculty Papers Guidelines as a discussion topic for the College & University Archives (C&U) section’s meeting at SAA 2008 in San Francisco
3. Determine archivists authority to grant permission to publish material copyrighted by the Regents
4. In response to the CDC/SOPAG charge to work on issues related to the management of electronic records, participate in CDL’s Web Archiving Service development
5. Monitor CDL/HOSC discussions on management of digital images
6. Monitor the development of institutional repositories and their possible impact on university archives
7. Explore feasibility of a UC-wide project to digitize student newspapers
8. Develop a policy statement on Academic Senate records
9. Forward article ideas to the UC Chronicle
10. Monitor and evaluate campus Archivists’ Toolkit implementations