Collection Development Committee Group (CDC)
The Collection Development Committee (CDC) is comprised of one representative from each campus library system appointed by the University Librarian, one representative from the California Digital Library (CDL), one representative from the UC Libraries' Shared Print Program, and one representative from the Librarians' Association of the University of California (LAUC).
The CDC is an all-campus group reporting to SOPAG. The CDC Chair is selected by the membership for a two-year term.
- Advises SOPAG on collection development issues.
- Coordinates systemwide activities relating to collection development with the California Digital Library (CDL) and the Joint Steering Committee on Shared Collections (JSC).
- Coordinates systemwide activities relating to preservation, special collections, and archives with its subcommittees Preservation Advisory Group (PAG) , Heads of Special Collections (HOSC), and the University of California Archivists Council (UCAC), respectively.
- Serves as a discussion group among the members on collection development issues.
- Communicates with other all-campus groups, SOPAG, appointed task forces, and other common interest groups on collection development issues.
- Coordinates UC bibliographer consortial groups.
- In conjunction with the Directors for Shared Digital and Print Collections, arranges funding for systemwide or multi-campus acquisition of resources as appropriate.