Resource Sharing Committee (RSC)
- Advises SOPAG on resource sharing issues.
- Identifies and analyzes resource sharing innovations, strategies and trends.
- Identifies and discusses policy issues and recommends best practices that facilitate resource sharing among campuses.
- Identifies and analyzes barriers to expeditious sharing of materials and recommends solutions to remove these barriers.
- Coordinates system-wide activities relating to interlibrary loan, circulation, and reserves with the California Digital Library (CDL) and RSC’s Interlibrary Loan Advisory Group (IAG) and Circulation Advisory Group (CAG – which includes reserves) and other groups as needed.
- Coordinates communication on UC resource sharing issues with interlibrary services, circulation, collection development, special collections, technical services, and other groups as appropriate.
- Identifies and addresses educational and training needs of resource sharing staff across the UC libraries.
- Coordinates collection, organization of and system-wide reporting of UC ILL/Resource Sharing statistics.
Comprised of one representative from each campus library system appointed by the University Librarian, one representative from the California Digital Library (CDL), one representative from each of the regional library facilities, and one representative from Librarians’ Association of the University of California (LAUC).
An all-campus group reporting to SOPAG
Chair is selected by the membership for a two-year term (begin in July 1).