Shared Content Leadership Group
The UC Libraries Shared Content Leadership Group (SCLG) is charged by the Council of University Librarians (CoUL) to make decisions for the University of California in the areas of UC-wide collection development and management. SCLG reports to UC Libraries Direction & Oversight Committee (DOC) and is a component of the advisory structure of the University of California Libraries put in place by the Council of University Librarians in 2015.
- Collection development issues, activities, and policies associated with content in any format acquired by whatever method or licensed, including financial decisions and implications.
- Collection management issues, activities, and policies, including criteria recommendations for UC-wide initiatives or projects associated with shared print, reformatting, preservation, and archiving of UC-wide content.
- Decisions regarding content that affect at minimum four UC campuses.
- Coordinates systemwide activities relating to content selection, deselection, and reformatting priority decisions in tandem with the California Digital Library (CDL) units and programs.
- Makes decisions on behalf of the UC libraries in the areas of shared acquisitions and licensing of content.
- Selects strategies, procedures, resources, and assessment tools for content acquisition and licensing.
- Develops or advises on policies and processes that affect UC acquired/licensed content.
- In collaboration with appropriate UC groups, assesses continued value of shared content in supporting UC research, teaching, learning, patient care, and university service needs using relevant tools, methods, and practices that are evidence-‐based and data-‐informed.
- Serves as the primary systemwide discussion group for sharing campus activities regarding collection development and management issues.
- Appoints/charges ad hoc teams to fulfill the group’s goals and assignments. Note: If a project team is needed, follow the UC DOC project proposal and management template.
- Liaises with other UC Libraries Advisory Structure groups, including CKGs, as appropriate.
- Communicates major decisions and activities regularly to the UC Libraries communities.
- Regularly reviews its value within the UC Libraries Advisory Structure by using DOC-‐developed evaluation criteria.