Years active: 2013-2015
NOTE: Beginning July 2013, the University of California Libraries launched a revised advisory structure. The groups within the previous structure are no longer active, including this group. See UC Libraries Advisory Structure (UCLAS) for information about the current structure.
The Collection Licensing Subgroup was charged by the Council of University Librarians to make decisions for the University of California Libraries in the areas of shared acquisitions and the licensing of e-resources. The Subgroup reported to Strategic Action Group 3: Collection Building and Management (SAG3), which was charged by the Council of University Librarians to make decisions for the University of California Libraries in the areas of collection development, cataloging and metadata services, preservation and archiving strategies, and digitization strategies. The Collection Licensing Subgroup was a component of the advisory structure of the University of California Libraries, established by the Council of University Librarians in July 2013.
- Made decisions about UC-wide shared acquisitions of tier 1 and tier 2 resources that support the UC Libraries systemwide priorities and strategic plan, as articulated by the Council of University Librarians’ “Systemwide Plan and Priorities”.
- Recommended strategies, procedures, resources, and assessment for meeting the needs of faculty, students, and researchers.
- Determined optimal allocation and utilization of resources; ensured cost is consistent with value delivered.
- Communicated major actions, decisions and updates to the broader UC Libraries community via designated channels.
- Open Access Publishing Fund Report [PDF]
- Article Delivery Task Force report [PDF]
- CLS eBook Workflows Lightning Team report [PDF]
- CLS eBook Workflows Lightning Team workflow [PDF]
- UC Libraries E-Book Value Statement [PDF] (February, 2013)
- Link to Documents from the Collection Development Committee
Roster at Time of Disbandment
|UC Berkeley||Jean McKenzie, SAG3 Liaison|
Acting AUL and Director for Collections
The UC Berkeley Library
|UC Davis||Gail Yokote|
AUL for Sciences & Technical Service
|UC Irvine||John Renaud|
AUL for Research Resources
Deputy University Librarian
|UC Merced||Jim Dooley|
Head, Collection Services
UC Merced Library
|UC Riverside||Alison Scott|
AUL, Collections & Scholarly Communication
|UC San Diego||Peter Rolla
Program Director, Content Acquisition & Resource Sharing
|UC San Francisco||Julia Kochi|
Director, Collections and User Services
|UC Santa Barbara||Eunice Schroeder|
Head of the Collection Development Department
|UC Santa Cruz||Kerry Scott, Chair|
Head, Research Support Services Department
University of California, Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
|California Digital Library||Ivy Anderson|
Collection Development and Management Program Director
California Digital Library