Years active: 2010-2011
NOTE: Beginning July 2013, the University of California Libraries launched a revised advisory structure. The groups within the previous structure are no longer active, including this group. See UC Libraries Advisory Structure (UCLAS) for information about the current structure.
The SLASIAC Library Planning Task Force was convened in 2010 by the Systemwide Library and Scholarly Information Advisory Committee to recommend systemwide strategies and investments that the University needs to pursue with regard to library services in light of numerous environmental changes. The Task Force completed its work in December 2011.
- Charge [PDF]
- Final Report of the SLASIAC Library Planning Task Force (Dec. 2011) [PDF]
Responses to comments received from the UC community on the Interim Report are included within the text.
- Clarifying Statement on Faculty Involvement in Library Planning at the University of California [PDF]
- Scholarly Communication – Roles and Responsibilities (Nov. 21, 2011) [PDF]
- Scholarly Communication Update for the University of California (Oct. 12, 2011) [PDF]
- Summary chart of comments received from UC Review [PDF] (also included as Appendix D of the Final Report)
- Compilation of letters and comments received from faculty & administration [PDF]
- Compilation of responses from LAUC divisions [PDF]
- Interim Report and accompanying transmittal letters (May, 2011) [PDF]