Common Knowledge Groups
Common Knowledge Groups (CKGs) are standing groups of experts or pioneers in areas of interest to the University of California Libraries (UCL). The intention of CKGs is to foster innovation by providing a venue for staff across campuses and from various levels to exchange ideas and collaborate on systemwide initiatives at the “Service Envisioning” stage. At this stage, new ideas are being generated for new services or improvements to existing services. The environment of CKGs will be one of open communication and meetings.
Although CKGs communicate with and provide support to the UCL Advisory Structure, they do not report to groups within the Advisory Structure. CKGs are not intended to make systemwide policy decisions. The Coordinating Committee (CC) provides broad oversight for the CKGs and their registration process.
- Gather and share information about the environment, project opportunities, new technologies or practices, and local campus developments within a defined knowledge area.
- Receive and discuss ideas from various UC constituents, assessing potential for new Systemwide services and/or service improvements.
- Communicate and respond to queries and requests received from relevant SAGs.
- Maintain an email list for use by the CKG which is open to all interested UCL staff, regardless of their membership in the CKG.
- Each CKG posts and maintains a historical record of meeting minutes and reports.
- Suggestions for developing new ideas, services, or for improving existing operations, services, or practices should be sent to the relevant UCL Advisory Structure Strategic Action Group(s) (SAG).
- CKGs shall send an annual report to the Coordinating Committee detailing their activities during the past fiscal year.
|Common Knowledge Group (CKGs)||Meeting Minutes||Affinity||Contact|
|Archival Management Systems User Group CKG Charter[PDF]||Minutes||SAG3||
Eric Milenkiewicz UCR
Born Digital Planning Group CKG
|Minutes||SAG1, SAG2, SAG3||
Audra Eagle Yun, UCI
|Cataloging and Metadata CKG Charter [PDF]||Minutes||SAG2, SAG3||John Riemer, UCLA email@example.com|
Shu Liu (Chair)
Reid Otsuji (Vice-Chair)
Interlibrary Lending CKG
Alison Ray, CDL
|Preservation CKG Charter [PDF]||Minutes||SAG3||Roger Smith, UCSD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Project Management CKG||SAG1, SAG2, SAG3, CLS||
Adrian Petrisor, UC Irvine
|Reference CKG Charter [PDF]||Minutes||SAG2, SAG3||Chair TBD; Contact Lynn Jones, UCB, in interim email@example.com|
|Scholarly Publishing Group CKG Charter [PDF]||Minutes||SAG1, CLS||
Mitchell Brown, UCI firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Stimson, UCSD email@example.com
|Statistics CKG Charter [PDF]||Minutes||ASAG||Joanne Miller, CDL Joanne.Miller@ucop.edu|
|UC Shared Visual Resources CKG Charter [PDF]||Minutes||SAG3||Vickie O’Riordan, UCSD firstname.lastname@example.org|