- Following a briefing to the Council of Vice Chancellors (CoVC) in October, the CoVC wrote a letter to the chairs of the Council of University Librarians and the University Committee on Library and Scholarly Communication recognizing “the urgent need to reduce licensed content costs to levels that the University can sustain, and the desire to make research outputs openly accessible.”
- Following verbal endorsement in September, CoUL wrote a letter of endorsement in October for the formation of a working group to develop clear university policies providing non-Academic Senate academic appointees with appropriate protections, responsibilities, and obligations for scholarship, research, and/or teaching conducted in the context of their appointments.
- In August and September, CoUL finalized the University of California Library Systemwide Annual Plans and Priorities, FY 2018/2019 [PDF] with feedback and guidance from the Direction and Oversight Committee (DOC).
- On February 27, 2018, CoUL endorsed the Pathways to OA analysis. The Pathways to OA is intended to assist campus libraries and the California Digital Library with individual, and where appropriate, collective decision-making about which OA strategies, possible next steps, or experiments to pursue in order to achieve large-scale transition to OA.
- On November 21, 2017, CoUL announced that a newly charged working group will investigate implementing a systemwide ILS for the UC Libraries. The Systemwide ILS Working Group is supported by a set of shared principles and assumptions [PDF].
- On August 21, 2017, CoUL finalized the University of California Library Systemwide Annual Plans and Priorities, FY 2017/2018 [PDF].
- On July 22, 2016, CoUL finalized the University of California Libraries Systemwide Annual Plan and Priorities, FY 2016-2017 [PDF].
- On Sept. 29, 2015, CoUL posted the revised University of California Libraries, Systemwide Annual Plan and Priorities, FY 2015-2016 (August 10, 2015) [PDF]. The document will be updated as assignments are finalized for the year.
- On September 23, 2014, CoUL finalized the University of California Libraries Systemwide Plan and Priorities, 2014-2018.
- On July 11, 2014, CoUL acknowledged and thanked the UC Libraries Advisory Structure members for their hard work and accomplishments of the previous year. A summary of the work in progress and completed is posted on the Coordinating Committee’s page (see: UCLAS Achievements: July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014).
- On March 26, 2013 CoUL issued a statement of support for McMaster University Librarian Dale Askey, who is facing a personal lawsuit filed by a publisher.
- On February 4, 2013, CoUL sent comments [PDF] in response to the US Copyright Office’s Notice of Inquiry on Orphan Works [PDF].
- CoUL sent letters of support [PDF] for the Federal Research Public Access Act of 2012 (HR.4004) to California representatives, including two on the House Committee on Oversight & Government Reform (April, 2012).
- CoUL responded to the introduction of HR.3699, The Research Works Act (RWA), with a letter of opposition to the bill’s co-sponsor, Representative Darrell Issa (R-CA) (January 24, 2012) [PDF]
- CoUL responded to the OSTP [PDF] RFI on Public Access to Peer-Reviewed Scholarly Publications Resulting From Federally Funded Research (January 9, 2012)
- The CoUL responded to the OSTP [PDF] RFI on Public Access to Digital Data Resulting From Federally Funded Scientific Research (January 9, 2012)
- UC Digital Collection Development Strategy (October 22, 2011) [PDF] (Acknowledged by the CoUL at their March 16, 2012 meeting)
- University of California Libraries Systemwide Plan and Priorities, FY 2012-2015, Internal Audience (September 19, 2011) [PDF]
- Discovery Systems and Services: Principles and Goals (Endorsed by the CoUL July 29, 2011) [PDF]
- University of California Library Collection: Content for the 21st Century and Beyond (July 2009) [PDF]
Document owner: Danielle Westbrook