Years active: 2013-2015
NOTE: Beginning July 2013, the University of California Libraries launched a revised advisory structure. The groups within the previous structure are no longer active, including this group. See UC Libraries Advisory Structure (UCLAS) for information about the current structure.
Reporting to the Council of University Librarians, the Coordinating Committee ensures that projects and services proposed and developed by the Strategic Action Groups (SAGs) support the UC Libraries systemwide priorities as articulated by the Council of University Librarians’ “Systemwide Plan and Priorities“.
- Receives requests from the CoUL and determines where within the SAG structure work should be funneled.
- Submits SAG related items to the CoUL agenda
- Provides broad oversight of UC Libraries systemwide activities through the review and coordination of proposed SAG projects and services.
- Assesses implications of proposed SAG projects and services on other functional areas and external stakeholders.
- Primary conduit of communication between CoUL and other entities within the UC Libraries advisory structure.
- Reviews balance of member expertise on the SAGs; advises on SAG membership issues.
- Works with CoUL to assess the effectiveness of the advisory structure.
- Makes strategic decisions related to the functioning of the advisory structure
- Reviews SAG charges and portfolios.
UC Libraries Advisory Structure Reports
- UCLAS Inaugural Report 14 November 2013 [PDF]
- UCLAS Report November-December 2013 [PDF]
- UCLAS Report January-February 2014 [PDF]
- UCLAS Report March-April 2014 [PDF]
- UCLAS Report May-June 2014 [PDF]
- UCLAS Report July-August 2014 [PDF]
- UCLAS Report September-October 2014 [PDF]
- UCLAS Report November-December 2014 [PDF]
- UCLAS Quarterly Report 2015 [PDF]
UC Libraries Advisory Structure Summary of Activities
Roster at Time of Disbandment
|Council of University Librarians (CoUL)||Virginia Steel|
UCLA Library Administration
Manager, Web Archiving Service
California Digital Library
|Strategic Action Group 1 (SAG1): Scholarly Research & Communication||Ann Frenkel|
AUL for Research and Instructional Services
|Strategic Action Group 2 (SAG2): Access, Discovery & Infrastructure||Robin Chandler|
AUL for Collections and Library Information Systems
|Strategic Action Group 3 (SAG3): Collection Building & Management||Martha Hruska|
AUL for Collection Services
UC San Diego Library
|Communications Manager||Marlo Young|
Communications & Outreach Specialist
UC San Diego Library