Heads of Public Services (HOPS)
Heads of Public Services (HOPS) Charge:
- Identifies and analyzes public services innovations, strategies and trends that require action for planning, problem-solving and resolution.
- Advises SOPAG and the University Librarians on public services policies and issues and recommends appointees to SOPAG functional groups.
- Identifies and implements system-wide public services programs to increase efficiencies, stretch our resources and leverage the power of the ten campuses.
- Identifies and shares information on best practices in public services in the UC libraries, toward the goal of building on successful efforts.
- Identifies and addresses educational needs of public services staff across the UC libraries.
Comprised of one representative from each campus library system appointed by the University Librarian, one representative from the California Digital Library (CDL), and one representative from the Librarians' Association of the University of California (LAUC). Representatives will serve for three-year terms.
An all campus group reporting to SOPAG.
Chair is selected by the membership for a two-year term.